help wanted for cutters

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dorno

I am wondering if anyone can help e out with a place that I can buy wholesale round Carbide cutters. I am looking for both the round 12mm cutter and the larger 17 mm cutters. I have managed to find the square cutters but having no luck with the round ones. I have customers here in OZ wanting some so any help appreciated ?

Kind Regards Ian

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I just bought some that were priced right in the middle. I will find the name shortly. I use easy wood tools and they are compatible.

TonyL

Round - AZ Carbide

Here's where I just bought mine...I can only compare them with the EWT and so far I have been pleased and don't mind saving 40% (from the EWT price). I have no idea how long they will last. Few feel that the EWT brand is better than these.

Good luck!

TonyL

Mike...I can't find Ken (of Woodchuck). I found a Woodchuck that sells some pretty awesome finished goods, but no tools. Do you have the link? Thanks!

tangoman

Carbide inserts

Ian,

I bought a box of ten from "Global Tooling",they where only a few bucks each. The postage wasn't cheap but they where still half the cost of any others available in Oz. Just google Global Tooling.

Regards,
Cam

Wildman

Terry Q, do they have a 5 box minimum order? Really do not need 25 cutters costing over $50. I tried playing with quanity and only cost increased.

I have asked about Carbi-Unirversal site before and did not get a response here.

Cmiles1985

Terry Q, do they have a 5 box minimum order? Really do not need 25 cutters costing over $50. I tried playing with quanity and only cost increased.

I have asked about Carbi-Unirversal site before and did not get a response here.

That is only 5 cutters. If you put in a quantity that isn't a multiple of 5, it will round up for you. Still looking at ~$10/cutter.

wood-of-1kind

I sell the 18mm round cutters and am the 'originator' of this style and size. I used to sell these direct to Ken when he was more active with his sales. Lots of stock and still selling at the original price of $9 each USD.

Wildman

Clark, not sure what did wrong but total came out over $100+ no matter how many times tried to make a basic purchase. Emptied the basket several times and started over. Guess will call in an order!

moke

Ken

Mike...I can't find Ken (of Woodchuck). I found a Woodchuck that sells some pretty awesome finished goods, but no tools. Do you have the link? Thanks!

Tony,
Ken was a member here for a long time. Woodchuck tools. I have not had any luck contacting him, so I assume he is not in business any more. He made awesome carbide insert tools, I have several sizes. Lately I have taken to making my own insert tools from HF pry bars. I have made many sizes and configurations. It is really not that hard if I can do it. I am glad to hear that Ontario Wood has those cutters. They were awesome. I don't know how they were rated, the scale I mean, but they were just right. Not to brittle and still hard enough to cut well. Capt Eddies were all right but do not seem to cut as well as those. ( I am using it to hog out the center for bowls, which it hard on a cutter)

Last edited:

sbell111

Tony,
Ken was a member here for a long time. Woodchuck tools. I have not had any luck contacting him, so I assume he is not in business any more. He made awesome carbide insert tools, I have several sizes. Lately I have taken to making my own insert tools from HF pry bars. I have made many sizes and configurations. It is really not that hard if I can do it. I am glad to hear that Ontario Wood has those cutters. They were awesome. I don't know how they were rated, the scale I mean, but they were just right. Not to brittle and still hard enough to cut well. Capt Eddies were all right but do not seem to cut as well as those. ( I am using it to hog out the center for bowls, which it hard on a cutter)

That's Ken Ferrell aka Bitshird. His website is http://www.woodchuck-tools.com/. He's a good guy who, as I recall, had a heart attack and stroke a while back. I imagine that any business that came his way would be appreciated.

Top Bottom