Help wanted with Acrlyc Blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigShed

I need some help in finding a White and Black acrylic pen blank.

I want to make a pen set for my granddaughters' wedding (30/3) and to stay with the wedding theme I want to have a Black and White pen for the groom and a White and Black pen for the bride.

I have just received some pen blanks from Ernie at Bear Tooth Woods, the black ones on the right are Pitch Black, and I am happy with those.

The white/black ones on the right are called Cowhide, and I am not happy with those. Was looking for the reverse of the Pitch Black, ie a squiggly black line in a predominantly white blank. These are not that, too much black. They are true to the picture on the website, so I am not complaining, but I suppose I was hoping that out of the 3 I ordered 1 would have have less black and more white.

The middle one I picked up from a local supplier the other day, and although it is closer to what I want, it isn't white and black, more a silver/opal and black.

So, my question is, where can I get an acrylic blank that is the reverse of the Pitch Black pattern on the left?

20083694724_blanks_small.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mick

Craft Supplies has the reverse of the blanks you show on the left. There may be an old ...very bad picture in my photo album of a set done the way your thinking of.
Sorry it was in another album ....here it is below

200836112957_BlkWhiteEuroPenSet.jpg

JayDevin

also check out woodcraft, they have over 160 new designs an I think that the polar opposite is there. Look at Smoke rings and dalmation styles

BigShed

Originally posted by mick

Craft Supplies has the reverse of the blanks you show on the left. There may be an old ...very bad picture in my photo album of a set done the way your thinking of.
Sorry it was in another album ....here it is below

Thanks mick,

That is the exact combination I'm looking for!

I had a look at Craft Supplies, have never dealt with them, and they are listed as "celluloid" pen blanks. Are they different to acrylic? If so, how hard/easy are they to turn?

Guess I'll have to place an order and find out whether they will ship to Oz, and how much that is going to cost:(

pipeyeti

CSUSA's blanks are listed as celluloid but are just acrylic same as most other.The quality is very good. Thier customer service can't be beat,thier prices can be though:D. Overall a great company to do biz with.

mick

Fred, to me the celluloid is one of the easiest of the "plastics" to turn. I wish I had one to send you but I just checked my stock and don't seem to have one. Maybe someone else here has a blank or 2 they could send you. I'm sure shipping for a couple of blanks to OZ would be fairly reasonable.

BigShed

Thanks guys, have now heard back from CSUSA and placed an order with them. Hopefully it gets here soon.

Dan, I looked at Doodles, but was worried about the big "shadows" putting more black in it. The CS White and Black doesn't have that and looks like the pens in the photo above.

Thank you all for your help, it looks like I got there in the end.

I will post a picture of the 2 pens when they are done.

BigShed

Originally posted by R2

How about turning some chess pieces from those blanks. Would make the eyes go a bit wobbly I imagine!!:D[}:)]

Good if you can't decide who plays white and who plays black, that would shut my grandson up![8D]

Top Bottom