Help! Which tube????

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RonSchmitt

Have to make a cigar pen/pencil/letter opener set for a customer, snuck out of a meeting early, made it to Woodcraft with 15 minutes til closing.

Got the pencil and a bunch of other stuff that was not on the list, and having a senior moment, forgot the letter opener kit.:eek::eek::eek:

Since the opener has to be sent to Ken for engraving, I have time to go back and get the kit before assembly, but does the opener use a standard cigar tube? If so, which one the long lower or the short upper?

Thanks,
Ron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

randyrls

Have to make a cigar pen/pencil/letter opener set for a customer, snuck out of a meeting early, made it to Woodcraft with 15 minutes til closing.

Got the pencil and a bunch of other stuff that was not on the list, and having a senior moment, forgot the letter opener kit.:eek::eek::eek:

Since the opener has to be sent to Ken for engraving, I have time to go back and get the kit before assembly, but does the opener use a standard cigar tube? If so, which one the long lower or the short upper?

Ron; The short answer is that there isn't anything running the length of the tube so you can make the length whatever you like. I often make the tube longer than a stock tube so you can grip the opener better and firmer.

avbill

The tube is the same dia as the cigar pen. 10mm. Yet the length is longer than either the tubes of the cigar pen. 77mm or just under 3" I just finished a kit and the length was 77mm.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I concur

Ron; The short answer is that there isn't anything running the length of the tube so you can make the length whatever you like. I often make the tube longer than a stock tube so you can grip the opener better and firmer.

Exactly correct!

Top Bottom