Help with triton rollerball assembly!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

GrantH

Hey guys I am putting together a it ion rollerball but I see a little difference when compared to the kit instructions. My kit doesn't have the center band assembled, whereas in the instructions that is already done. The gold rng needs to be pressed on but I really don't want to mess this up. Can someone tell me or link me on how to do this properly?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nativewooder

In reality, the guzzinta should fit the thingamajig, but sometimes the whosis gets in the way, and since the watchamacallit may have been left out, I would call Ed right away!!:biggrin: By the way, whatza Triton?:biggrin:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
In reality, the guzzinta should fit the thingamajig, but sometimes the whosis gets in the way, and since the watchamacallit may have been left out, I would call Ed right away!!:biggrin: By the way, whatza Triton?:biggrin:

The Triton is a BRILLIANTLY engineered, FABULOUSLY priced product that allows the pen maker to do their OWN sub-assemblies!!!

IF one creates a jig (puts a hole in a piece of 2 by pine) to assist in the "press fitting" of the whojamagigger (center band to the purists), those parts will not rotate on the finished, highly price competitive pen!!!

If you prefer to make it EASY, you can bring a spinny thing (Dremel tool) to the process and enlarge the hole in the whatchamacallit (centerband decorative ring)!! However, that CAN result in a spinny whatchamacallit on the finished whojamadezzel (pen).

Pretty much up to you! Both ways work.

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hey guys I am putting together a it ion rollerball but I see a little difference when compared to the kit instructions. My kit doesn't have the center band assembled, whereas in the instructions that is already done. The gold rng needs to be pressed on but I really don't want to mess this up. Can someone tell me or link me on how to do this properly?
Try these instructions: http://www.penblanks.ca/instructions/english/TritonAug09_ls.pdf
Quite straight forward really. Don't make it more difficult than it isn't!

2nd page Assembling the pen item 1. Take it from there!

Bill Sampson

The great thing about the Triton, aside from being an easy kit to work with, the center bands and the cap can quickly be removed and disassembled. You can turn your own cap and bands that compliment the blank used in turning your pen. JB's blanks are a good example of upgrading your pen with matching bands and caps.
Bill Sampson, Richmond

Just a note- the last 2 Tritons I did, the gold band would NOT go on the center band assembly. I had to sand the inside some to get it to fit. Still a great kit that I use often.

GrantH

Try these instructions: http://www.penblanks.ca/instructions/english/TritonAug09_ls.pdf
Quite straight forward really. Don't make it more difficult than it isn't!

2nd page Assembling the pen item 1. Take it from there!

Ya know, I looked at these instructions and I guess I misread them + looked at the picture. I saw it assembled in the picture so pressed on with asking on here. I did what someone mentioned on here. I placed the ring on the center bend along with the threaded insert and pressed everything together into the cap. Thanks a lot guys.

Ambidex

Triton

Hey Grant..I just finished my first Triton rb...know exactly what you were asking..while a lot of the guys here have done so many that it's second nature, the instructions kinda suck and I for one prefer not to waste higher end kits by assuming it's straight-forward. I know I'm the only one here that's ruined a pen by either rushing assembly and/or not understanding the instuctions:rolleyes:. BTW it took me a little longer for the final product because the small drop of ca on the finial was bigger than I thought. Spent 20 minutes cleaning(very carefully) the chrome on the finial:redface:..but all ended well:)

Hi Grant,

I have made several of these pens and they have all been willing to press right in. I have also had to press every one of them they are nicely made and fit tight. When you put them onto your press just slowly press them in. The Triton is a beautiful hardware set.

Top Bottom