Help and / or tips please - Lazerlines

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bigtoe

Hi

I have a lazerlines cross sierra pen kit.

The problem i have is the cross insert apperars too big for the main part. I have no instructions for this kit.

Anyone have any ideas?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

He is close to me geographically; I may even stop by his shop today. I will write him a text and see if I can get him to send me instructions to post. BTW, on numerous occasions, he has told me that the best way to reach him is via text. That may not be practical or cost effective for some. Nor does it guarantee a timely response. Let me see if I can help. Writing him now...well as soon as I finish typing this LOL.

TonyL

Constant already got back to me (sometimes it pays to be an Italian from Brooklyn and know where someone lives. This could explain why my neighbors call me "Mr. Tony". LOL...teasing of course). Contant asked: Which one" Bow Cross, Double Cross, or just Cross.?

keithbyrd

Nice move Tony

He is close to me geographically; I may even stop by his shop today. I will write him a text and see if I can get him to send me instructions to post. BTW, on numerous occasions, he has told me that the best way to reach him is via text. That may not be practical or cost effective for some. Nor does it guarantee a timely response. Let me see if I can help. Writing him now...well as soon as I finish typing this LOL.

This is what I like about IAP - people willing to get outside themselves and help others!
I was at Constant's shop a few weeks ago - didn't realize you were close to him or I would have reached out to you! Next time!

jcm71

Like Dan said, they all appear too big. Try filling the plastic container the blank comes in with warm water. Add a couple of drops of dish detergent and soak the cross in it for a couple of minutes. When putting together, work lengthwise , and then roll the blank side to side (gently) to fit the arms of the cross. Make sure you have the unglued tube inside the main blank body before rolling.

robersonjr

Dan, I have put quite a few of those together, when I encountered that, I used a jewelers file to dress down the edges a little and presto they fit like a glove.

bigtoe

Hi all

Many thanks for your assistance, it is really appreciated.

TonyL you went above the call of duty and far exceeded my expectations, your'e amazing, thank you.

I will email Constant later. I'll keep you posted.

Best regards
Irving

TonyL

You are welcome, but I never received the emailed instructions. I don't doubt that he sent them, but they didn't find their way into any of my outlook folders. I did write him back and report that I had not received them.

Jim Smith

I've also assembled quite a few of Constant's kits and from my experience, they all seem to be too large, but they're actually not. There have been a couple of times when I had to use an Emory board to take the inside edge off the piece being inserted to make it fit but that's rare. The first kit I did was a bear to do, now I can assemble even some of the more complex ones in 15-20 minutes as long as I remain patient. Just hang in there, they get easier to do as you go along. (usually)

Jim Smith

Top Bottom