help with sierras

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

nwcatman

when i twist to the left to retract the refill if i go just a tad too far the top wants to unscrew. is this common w/this pen or did i do something wrong making them? have made 6 now and all are the same. thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

johnnycnc

If you screw the transmission in tighter
before you assemble,it won't happen anymore.
wipe the oily junk off to get a better grip.[:)]

leehljp

Member Liaison
What John said. I have made about 100 or so. Just pulling it up snug doesn't cut it. The transmission doesn't have to be "pliers" tight, but does need to grip tightly.

M

Mudder

Here's an old inspectors trick that I use and it works very well. Wrap the transmission in a rubber band and you'll be surprised how easy it is to get rid of that old loosening problem.

Rudy Vey

Just made 50 Sierras and I found that this might happen once in a while.
I found the following helped me: make sure that there isn't any glue residue inside the tube, this makes it twist a bit hard and one will unscrew the top easier. Secondly make sure that the blank is exactly the length it should be and that is absolutely square. I found it helpful to run the lower end over some 400 grit sandpaper I laid on a flat surface and carefully sanded the end down a smidgen and square if it wasn't.

Randy_

Originally posted by Mudder
<br />Here's an old inspectors trick that I use and it works very well. Wrap the transmission in a rubber band and you'll be surprised how easy it is to get rid of that old loosening problem.
Just to clarify..... Are you talking about an old trick or a trick for old inspactors??

M

Mudder

Originally posted by Randy_
<br />
<br />Here's an old inspectors trick that I use and it works very well. Wrap the transmission in a rubber band and you'll be surprised how easy it is to get rid of that old loosening problem.
Just to clarify..... Are you talking about an old trick or a trick for old inspactors??

I cannot answer your question honestly as I do not know what an inspactor is?

DocStram

<br />
Originally posted by Randy_
<br />

I cannot answer your question honestly as I do not know what an inspactor is?

Uh-oh ... Mudder's been hanging with wdcav too long. [;)]

Ok ... I'm going to spull it correctly .... what's an inspector??? [:p]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom