Help Select Pen Style

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

beck3906

I have several Brooks blanks and other nice wood blanks that I'm looking to use on an intermediate size pen. Cigars and Jr series are sometimes too thick for customers while the lower end like slims don't have enough "meat" to show the body material.

What would you suggest in this area? I want to get the best bang for the buck from these better quality blanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dbledsoe

I really like Comfort style, and you don't have to use the rubber grip. The size is good and the feel is right - at least for me. I also like the Mesa/Sierra style, though it is a little heavy.
A blank like that would deserve something like a Majestic Jr or something like that.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hey Rick!!

I'd consider the Atrax----no "bling", let the blank attract the attention. Comes in Rollerball, Fountain or Ballpoint

Brooks803

How about a triton? I think they're in the size range of the sedonas and tycoons. There's also the electra which shows off alot of blank. I haven't tried the atrax yet but I do think it's the same bushings as a Jr. Personally I like the Jr Statesman for RB or FP and the Aero for ballpoints. The Aero has ALOT of wall thickness which really helps with reverse painting.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
The long click shows a lot of blank...I also like the comfort without that ugly rubber grip especially with a blank that has some pazazz.

alinc100

How about Smitty's Creekline pen?It uses 7mm tubes ,same length as a slimline but is fatter at the center and top.Has a nice ,balanced weight in my opinion.
IMG_0161edit.jpg

Also I am liking the Jr Retros and Jr Statesman.Later today I hope to put together the Duke
from Lau Lau.

Top Bottom