Help with screw top pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

asyler

Local Chapter Leader
I mis-assembled a flat top rollerball pen with a screw thread center ring. The brass tube now covers the thread, and i don t see any way to disassemble or even save the center rind. any ideas??
thanks

ldb2000

You need a set of "Transfer punches" . You can get them from HF for about $10 or about twice that from PSI or CSUSA . Use the biggest punch that fits through the center fitting and knock out the finial then use a punch that just fits the tube and knock out the fitting from the finial end .

If the OP's pen is like the flat-tops I've done, the center band fits the outside of the brass tube instead of inside (which is why the screwcap threads, resident to the center band, are now covered by the tube). So can't be punched out.

I haven't had to remove one, but after removing the clip, would consider trying to grip the outside of the band with something like a neoprene strap (non-marring friction surface) held by pliers, and similar for the cap portion, see if you could twist it off, being careful of the forces employed so not to crush or distort either.

Top Bottom