Help with rollerball recommendation

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mikemac

I love the Gent JR II, (Craftsupplyusa) nice balance, and postable cap. I recently made a few Barons as well, and came out nice.. personally don't like the octagonal barrel, but that's a personal taste. Both have metal to delrin(?) threading, that provides an excellent mating feel..

Hayseedboy

Have only done a few Barons and only one Jr. Gent. but I prefer the Jr. Gent. It appears to me a little classier as the plating is seen not plastic threads.

Both are nice though... That and you can get in on the CSA Group buy right now and SAVE!

lr

jskeen

I go with the jr gent for several reasons now. I feel the quality of the components is better, have had problems with the barons fitting loosely during assembly. I prefer the non postable version, which is not an option on the baron, I do prefer the threads to match the plating, instead of being black (except on the 10kgold jr gent, they are black too, but then I don't do gold plate anymore) The cap finial on the gent is larger, and sits into a slight cup on the fitting, so it's easier to replace with a custom one. The centerband is a bit of a PITA to remove, but it's doable. and finally, the fountain pen version is usually less of a markup on the jr gent than on the baron.

Biggest reason is that Mike and Linda are running a group buy right now, and they are 25% off!!!!!

James

marcruby

I use baron's (usually in sterling), jr. gent's and jr. statesmen when I want a slightly heavier pen. The jr. statesmen are a bit gaudier, which can be nice with the right material. None of these kits are 'oversize' and you have several options for plating and presentation.

The jr.'s both use the same bushings, which is a definite plus.

Top Bottom