Help! Problem with Jr Statesman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikebite

Please can someone help me? I have had a problem recently with a couple of Jr Statesman rollerball pens. The tip of the rollerball refill will not go fully through the pen tip. This only seems to be a problem with the Rhodium/gold. The refill is the standard Schmidt ceramic roller. The refill will fit into all my other Jr Gent tips (black Ti and gold Ti)but not the new tips that came with the Jr Statesman. I have tried other refills in these tips and they don't fit either. I don't have any Jr Gent Rhodium tips to try at present.

Craft Supplies have already replaced them once but the new ones are just the same.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks

Richard

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by Pikebite
<br />The problem with doing that Dario, is it takes the Rhodium plating off. I tried that first.

Richard

Richard,

I have run into this with MANY Cigar pens with TN plating and SOME with 10kt. YOU ARE CORRECT - putting a drill bit or a tiny file through the "nib" DOES remove the plating. BUT, you are going to put a refill in there that fits so tightly you had to file it!!

In short, no one will see the inside of the nib, once the refill is in place. So, BE CAREFUL not to scratch any other parts of the nib and file away!!!

At least, this is what I have done.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Just looked up the Jr. Statesman.

ON SECOND THOUGHT, AT OVER $20 A PIECE, SEND THEM BACK TO CRAFT SUPPLY AND LET THEM FIX THEM!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom