Help Please: Pen & Pencil Set

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

glwalker

I have a customer that wants a "large" pen and pencil set. He has huge hands and he liked the feel of a cigar pen I showed him. Any experience with the cigar pencil? Is it a good mechanism? I believe there are click and twist versions of the cigar pencil. Any comments on which one may be better in quality?

Also, based on the huge hands on this guy and the fact that the weight of the pen doesn't bother him, I thought about the full sized Majestic Pen. But I don't think I can get a pencil kit for that model..... at least I haven't seen one offered. Does anyone know if a pencil kit is available for the Majestic? Is anyone aware of another nice, large pen kit that does offer a matching pencil kit.

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sylvanite

I've tried some of the cigar pencil kits and was not satisfied with the quality. The best option I've found is to use a Schmidt DSM 2006 pencil mechanism, which is (for many kits) a drop-in replacement for the parker-style refill. The cigar pen kits I've used accept the Schmidt mechanism. You don't get an integrated eraser, and it requires a double-twist to operate, but it feels good and lasts.

Check out Some Cigars for an example.

Regards,
Eric

I just ordered a cigar pencil from PSI...so depending on when it arrives, will let you know.

Sean

Did you get it? If so, any conclusions on the quality of the pencil?

Thanks

Just got it Sat... Looks the same as the Cigar kits I get from Lee Valley - same finial, same look and feel to the components.

I need to cut up an AK stock since I want to make a matching cigar pen AK set for myself. Will try and get that done today, but have a scout function this evening so it may be a day or two.

I will snap some pics, I have to post some pics of some blanks I poured, just been too damn lazy to break out the camera!

Sean

firewhatfire

here is one of the Perfect Fit kits in Alternative Cobalt
MAMMOTHTOOTH010.jpg

MAMMOTHTOOTH011.jpg

Top Bottom