help please, masonic engraving info

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapshooter

I have been asked to make 25 pens for a fellow mason who will be giving the pens out as gifts. I could sure use any advise. I am wondering if anyone has experience in what style of pen the square and compass look best on (laser engraved)as well as if one type of wood stands out.
I want to do memorable work for this project, I want to use quality plating and I am not interested in useing emblem clips.
Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mrcook4570

I have had the masonic emblem engraved on a box and the name of the member and his title engraved on the pen.

As for engraving an emblem on a pen, larger pens will show off the engraving better. Perhaps a cigar, baron, el grande, or gent.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by smoky10
<br />As for the type of wood, how about acacia. It does have some significant importance.

I recently made a dark acacia Euro for the outgoing Master of my lodge. Not engrave. But ditto others comments about a larger pen being more suitable.

Randy_

Take a look at the HUT catalog or online store. They have a Masonic emblem that goes on the top of the finial. I think it may be tough getting a good rendition of the emblem on a pen. I like the idea of doing a presentation box with the emblem, owners name and title` laser engraver; but your client's desire is what really counts. Before you do all 25 pens, you might have your engraver do just one to be sure you are satisfied with the result.

Turnitall

Contact Ken Nelson at Kallenshaan Woods... he can do the job perfectly... and will most likely already have the image in stock.
I would recommend nothing smaller than a Perfect Fit Convertible or a Euro in a Ballpoint.

Rifleman1776

Originally posted by JimQ
<br />Just something to think about, their logo is Trademarked. Use of logos without permission can be expensive.

JimQ

Masonic emblem trademarked? [:0] Unlikely, in use thousands of years. With the 'G' in the center, since about 1776 in America. Propriety dictates wear and use only by Master Masons but anyone can sell.

Trapshooter

Thanks for the input, I have contacted Ken Nelson, he does have the square and compass logo. Also thanks for bringing up the trademark question, it confirms my thoughts on being able to use it.

I like the finial from Hut also, I may try to incorporate that on a different style pen.

Thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom