Help please

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Evidently I got in a hurry and must have used a 8mm tube for the top blank of SL. The pen looks great but there is not enough friction to turn the twist mechanism. If it wasn't an antler I would just turn another. Anyone know of a fix for this?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lkorn

Will the original SL tube slide into the 8mm? If it does, try gluing the SL tube directly into the 8MM. Poly glue seems to be the best for this job as it will expand to take up the space. Hobby shops also have an assortment of brass tubes that may be used to step it down.

its_virgil

Pastor Bill,
Take an automatic center puch and place a series of dimples around the transmission's circumference close to the top or even in a couple of places. Insert a #2 drill bit into the transmission to avoid distorting the transmission. Have the transmission advanced forward(as if the point of the refill were in writint position). Each dimple will raise a little crater around it. Put as many as is requiered. Maybe even scatter some randomly over the exposed transmission surface. Good luck.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

JimGo

Could you use thin CA to build up the inner surface of the 8mm? I'm not sure what the ID is of the 8mm, so I don't know whether this is practical or not.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Bill, I spoke with Eagle this morning and we looked at your PI slimlines and note that you seem to be using two different kits. If your slimline kits are from two different manufacturers, there is a small difference in the tubes (PSI kits are typically a little smaller, in my experience). The transmissions are also a hair smaller. Have you measured the components to be sure you have an 8mm tube? You may just have mismatched parts which could be disassembled and reassembled. You can even test fit a transmission in the upper barrel, since that part is easily removed.

Thanks for all the suggs. I do have 2 kits. I have some from Berea from the FPP which are Streamlines? (larger CB) and the other is from BB (SL) which I thought was also Berea. There may be a few parts from WC also. I am considering the miracle repair of all men - ducttape[:D] I check to see if there are some differences.

I was just contacted offline by Eagle who reminded me that it would be "near impossible to turn a 7 & 8 together w/o noticing the slop" Put nothing past me[:D] but I did recheck and it was a 7mm so the prob is probably in hte transmission size. Thanks everyone for taking the time to share your wisdom. And no one even made fun. What's the mattter, everybody mad [:D]

Finally, the problem was correctly diagnosed by Eagle & Lou. The xmission was just a hair too small. Do not know which kits they came from. The one I replaced it with was from BB. Thanks to everyone who responded so rapidly, even if my thanks were slow in being offered.

jwoodwright

Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />Pastor Bill,
Take an automatic center puch and place a series of dimples around the transmission's circumference close to the top or even in a couple of places. Insert a #2 drill bit into the transmission to avoid distorting the transmission. Have the transmission advanced forward(as if the point of the refill were in writint position). Each dimple will raise a little crater around it. Put as many as is requiered. Maybe even scatter some randomly over the exposed transmission surface. Good luck.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

(/quote]

That fixes the tranny, how about the cap that holds the clip[?] Will this ruin the plating on the cap[?]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom