HELP!!!!!!!! (peppermill question)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

punkinn

Sorry for putting this in this section but I need to make sure peeps see it.

I got the bright idea to make a peppermill for a gift for my boyfriend (he's a pepperholic). Anyway, I have the mechanism from CSUSA - the delux not crush grinder) and a gorgeous piece of maple burl. I ASSUMED (what an idiot) that it would be pretty dang easy. Tomorrow I'm kicking the BF out of the house for the day (it's a surprise) and starting the mill; but he always helps me when I get into something over my head... uhhh, like now. [:0]

Does anyone have the complete instructions that CSUSA charges $2.99 for? The mill comes with basic instructions; not enough for me. ACK! If I'd thought this through, I'd have ordered the instructions but noooooooo.... sigh.

I'm not even sure I have drill bits/extenders long enough for the 8" grinder mechanism. OMG I'm such a dork!

Anyone calm enough out there to give some basic instruction on this? I'll probably be in the shop most of today working on yet another last minute project someone decided they needed... I'll subscribe to the thread and check in when I can....

Frustrated and anxious in California. LOL
Nancy :)

Rudy Vey

Originally posted by punkinn
<br />Sorry for putting this in this section but I need to make sure peeps see it.

I got the bright idea to make a peppermill for a gift for my boyfriend (he's a pepperholic). Anyway, I have the mechanism from CSUSA - the delux not crush grinder) and a gorgeous piece of maple burl. I ASSUMED (what an idiot) that it would be pretty dang easy. Tomorrow I'm kicking the BF out of the house for the day (it's a surprise) and starting the mill; but he always helps me when I get into something over my head... uhhh, like now. [:0]

Does anyone have the complete instructions that CSUSA charges $2.99 for? The mill comes with basic instructions; not enough for me. ACK! If I'd thought this through, I'd have ordered the instructions but noooooooo.... sigh.

I'm not even sure I have drill bits/extenders long enough for the 8" grinder mechanism. OMG I'm such a dork!

Anyone calm enough out there to give some basic instruction on this? I'll probably be in the shop most of today working on yet another last minute project someone decided they needed... I'll subscribe to the thread and check in when I can....

Frustrated and anxious in California. LOL
Nancy [:)]

If these are the grinders with the ceramic grinding mechanism, check out PSI's website - they offer exactly the same mechanism, I used them from both companies.
PSI had a nice set last year or the year before, came with all drills and extender as well as a nice block of OO for the mill.

http://www.pennstateind.com/library/PKCRUSHS.pdf

and here is the one from CSUSA

http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/pdf/crush_grinder.pdf

ilikewood

Nancy, I can help you here if you want. E-mail me to confirm it and I'll try and to my best for ya.

Been there...done that. Not showing you up, just letting you know I've done what your trying to do and can help ya. (11 inch maple burl peppermill)
12170241_11%20inch%20peppermill%20-%20maple%20burl.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom