help with pen kit componants

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

altaciii

Hello guys and gals,

My name is Alex Chapa and I have a little delemma.
I have an order for 30 cartridge pens made from antler. I have the antler and have aquired the lower barrel cartridge for the pens.
However, the problem I have is that the lower barrel uses a slimline nib which would be fine except that the client wants a European style round top clip in 24k gold. Is there anyway to get 30 round top clips without having to purchase the whole pen kit and have 30 partial pen kits that I will not use.

Any advise will be greatly appreciated
Thanks in advance

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wendell

PSI sells clips and black round tops separately. You'd still need to find a source for the nut piece that get pressed into tube.

Wendell

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
I can't help with your quest but just wanted to comment about the pen pic you posted in your album. The inlay work is excellent:D

And a warm welcome to IAP. I'm sure someone here will answer your questions

Russianwolf

Buy 30 Euro kits. The nib is the same as the Slimline.

If you don't need the lower barrels (the long ones), I could take them off your hands as I like to use them in modified slimline to add a little extra length.

Also the upper barrel looks alot nicer with the Euro centerband in my opinion (unless you are using a second cartridge for that too).

Not a great pic in here, but the socond one is a cartridge I did using all Euro hardware.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=28839&SearchTerms=curly,koa

sparhawk

woodcraft sells the slimline nibs. There is a minor difference in the nib sizes from the european to the slimline.The ones i make are usually 30-06 and i buy one of each kit to make the pens. I use the slimline nibs on the cartridge pen and all the other european parts on the cartridge pen. Then i bag up the european nib with the left over slimline parts and when i make a slimline i use the european nib bushing. On the slimline the difference isnt that noticable but is more important on the cartridge. Hope this helps. If you dont want to buy double kits just get the nibs from woodcraft and you will have spare euoropean nibs.

Top Bottom