help with order from Arizona Silhouette

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

aurrida

Is anyone ordering from Arizona Silhouette in the next few days? i need a closed end mandrel for a churchill cap and they won't ship to germany. can anyone help. or, does anyone know where i might get one.

as a matter of interest they have the 33/64 or a 13.3 bit which is the better fit.

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
Read Skiprat's tutorial on O-ring pin chucks. They are pretty easy to make and work just as well as the closed end mandrel from AS.

VisExp

Darren

I am not ordering anything from AS but if you like I could place an order for you and when I receive it I could mail it to you in Germany. It would mean you would pay shipping twice :( so obviously it would be better if you can find someone planning an order. Let me know if I can help.

PaulDoug

Sorry, Darren, day late ans a dollar short as be say here in America. I just put in an order yesterday and it has already been shipped or I could add your item. I make the same offer as VisExp if no else pops in here that is ordering from AS.

rlharding

Darren, I recently purchased some extension bolts from a hardware store. They come in several diameters - when the bolt is turned the outside metal sleeve expands. I haven't tried them yet but they only cost about .60c each.

gwilki

Darren: I use cement anchors much of the time. They are similar to the bolts that Ruth mentioned. They work like a charm and are very inexpensive.

PaulDoug

Do you something like this?

200852612225_stud-or-wedge-anchor.gif

its_virgil

Read my articles on closed end pens that are on my website and you will see several ways to hold the pen blank without using the expanding mandrel. I just did a demo on this very topic at the Utah Woodturning symposium and it was well received. Many were glad to know they can turn closed end pens without special tooling. The articles can be found at http://www.RedRiverPens.com/articles
Do a good turn daily!
Don

Top Bottom