Help needed identifying a blank.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Waluy

I bought this lot of blanks the other day off ebay. The description said they were trustone blanks but I can not for the life of me figure out what the 4th blank from the top (the purple one) is and have now had 5 people ask for pens from that blank. Obviously I can't make 5 pens out of this one blank so now I need to find more of it.

Attachments

• Blanks.jpg
    Blanks.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 217
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Waluy

Looks like a CHAROITE but maybe one of the 2nds

I think you're right don't know why I wasn't seeing the similarities when I was looking at them.

Edit: Although after looking at the ones woodcraft offers I think I prefer the way mine looks so if it is a 2nd I may have to find some way to buy just the 2nds.

Last edited:

turncrazy43

You can get better prices on Tru-Stone from Arizona Silhouettes, Bear Tooth Woods and Golden Nib than at Woodcraft. Of course, those locations don't have stores, rent, lights etc. to pay.

JerrySambrook

You can get better prices on Tru-Stone from Arizona Silhouettes, Bear Tooth Woods and Golden Nib than at Woodcraft. Of course, those locations don't have stores, rent, lights etc. to pay.

The other thing though, is you get to see exactly what you are buying at the Woodcraft, so you know what you are getting into.
THAT DOES NOT imply that you are getting an inferior product from anyone else. Just that you know exactly what you have in hand.

Last edited:

walshjp17

If I recall correctly, Barry Gross (Arizona Silhouette) does operate a limited 'storefront' but I think most of his traffic comes from online sales.

Waluy

Yeah I order online most of the time for the deals.

The other thing though, is you get to see exactly what you are buying at the Woodcraft, so you know what you are getting into.
THAT DOES NOT imply that you are getting an inferior product from anyone else. Just that you know exactly what you have in hand.

That's the exact reason I was looking at Woodcraft, I wanted to see exactly what the blank would look like before getting it.

Top Bottom