Help needed to identify this kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gandsande

Help I have a client that broke the black plastic cap over the pump for this fountain pen. I am looking for one now. can some of you help me identify the kit? and if anyone has a cap to sell or can sell me a kit?

Attachments

• pen-missing-2-1(small).jpg
    pen-missing-2-1(small).jpg
    347.8 KB · Views: 206
  • pen-missing-2-2(small).jpg
    pen-missing-2-2(small).jpg
    366.4 KB · Views: 217
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gandsande

wow that was to easy. thank you. so second question anyone got a cap to sell or a kit? or at least know of someone in stock that i can order from so far looks out a stock

Rounder

wow that was to easy. thank you. so second question anyone got a cap to sell or a kit? or at least know of someone in stock that i can order from so far looks out a stock

I think I might have a couple of Ligero kits at home. I will check and see when I get off work.

Curly

gandsande

I have tried the El Grande and Churchill. The problem is the cap at the end is molded plastic to snap on the part that is pressed into the barrel. that snap cap is what I need the snap ring into the barrel is intact and the cap is black plastic.

I have my fingers crossed that Randy has a kit or parts that he can sell me.

magpens

I'm in Canada and I do have the Ligero kit you need.

I don't quite get what you mean by this:

I have tried the El Grande and Churchill. The problem is the cap at the end is molded plastic to snap on the part that is pressed into the barrel. that snap cap is what I need the snap ring into the barrel is intact and the cap is black plastic.
On my kit, the end cap *screws* into the part that is pressed into the barrel (does not "snap" on).

My kit is lacking the brass tubes. I'll trade to you for a nice blank (preferrably burl :) ) or if you just want the replacement part we could do something there, too.

You have to be aware that the El Grande part and the Ligero part are not compatible ... threads are different ... I just checked.

Last edited:

Curly

You have to be aware that the El Grande part and the Ligero part are not compatible ... threads are different ... I just checked.

I stand corrected. I always thought the El Grande, Churchill, Ligero, and Cambridge were all from the same family and shared components. I appreciate knowing otherwise.

bmachin

Can you tell how the cap was broken? I ask because a couple of years ago, my son made a few El Grande's for friends and "upgraded" the converters with Schmidt K5's. Big mistake. Turns out that the Schmidt converters were longer than the kit converters and we either deformed or cracked a couple of the end caps before we realized it.

Something to consider.

Bill

gandsande

The cap over the pump was apparently off the pen and it rolled off the table to the hard floor and broke. down side to a plastic piece I guess. The customer likes the pen the kit and uses it quite regularly. I actually saw the pen 2 weeks ago and the finish was very much still intake (BLO and CA about 20 coats if I recall) He obviously keeps it well as the tip was original still and pump since he uses regular I am happy. Thanks for the question. Lesson learned. keep a spare kit for parts always when possible... heee

keithbyrd

Help I have a client that broke the black plastic cap over the pump for this fountain pen. I am looking for one now. can some of you help me identify the kit? and if anyone has a cap to sell or can sell me a kit?

Sure looks like A Cambridge to me? I have never had an el grande with that design center band. If it s a Cambridge I have the end piece you are looking for.

Last edited:

magpens

I have checked most of the threads in this "family" and it seems all (that I tried) are the same except the Ligero which is out on its own.

I stand corrected. I always thought the El Grande, Churchill, Ligero, and Cambridge were all from the same family and shared components. I appreciate knowing otherwise.

gandsande

I just spoke to Wade and we have discovered while it might be a ligero there may be 2 styles to watch out for. this on has a brass/metal part pressed in then a plastic receiving piece is in that and the Black cap that covers the Pump end snaps on. This cap is the part I am looking for. Wade was thinking that maybe there was an older kit that I may have used from CSU that they later changed to a screw on cap. I cannot modify this pen for the screw version. any one sure of the or got comments on the snap cover type cap?

Rounder

I just spoke to Wade and we have discovered while it might be a ligero there may be 2 styles to watch out for. this on has a brass/metal part pressed in then a plastic receiving piece is in that and the Black cap that covers the Pump end snaps on. This cap is the part I am looking for. Wade was thinking that maybe there was an older kit that I may have used from CSU that they later changed to a screw on cap. I cannot modify this pen for the screw version. any one sure of the or got comments on the snap cover type cap?

I do have the Ligero 24 KT. from Smitty's Pens. I looked while home for lunch. I will look at the cap closer after work. It might be better to get from one of your Canadian friends as I am not sure what shipping will run from Texas. But I will let you know as soon as I check it out.

magpens

Thanks for your communications, Greg.

I guess I don't have the kit you are interested in ... mine does not have the snap-on cap over the ink-draw

Thanks again for getting in touch ... wish I could have helped you.

Rounder

The kit I have has the screw on cap. Maybe that is the difference between a roller ball and fountain pen.

zig613

I have checked most of the threads in this "family" and it seems all (that I tried) are the same except the Ligero which is out on its own.

The threads may differ because the El Grande, Churchill and the Cambridge are Berea kits whereas the Ligero (at least the ones I have) are made by Dayacom and the older kits I had where from CSUSA.

Wade

Top Bottom