Help! Need to know

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldubia

I have a customer who wants a click style pen but with a single piece barrel. I have never done this and am not sure how to do it. The one piece twist is found under the library but I haven't found anything for the click pens.

Does anyone have a method I can use to do this? Ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

OOPS

The pen kit for you is the Long Clicker from Lau Lau Woods or also sold by Craft Supplies USA. A lot of people complain that click pen clickers wear out too quickly. This kit seems to hold up considerably better than most.

ldubia

Thanks for the suggestions. What I would like to learn is how to do this without buying a different kit. This way I can use the knowledge on other pens as well. This information is very helpful. I will be getting some of those in the meantime. I have two shows coming up. Maybe I can sell them there.

Second question concerning the long click...Is the cap replaceable with a different cap? In other words, can the "nail" shaped cap be replaced with a standard straight cap?

ttpenman

Just ordered some Vertex click pens yesterday from PSI. Never have made any so I'll see how they work. Got some in Gun Metal.

Jeff in northern Wisconsin

D.Oliver

Larry, if I remember correctly I think Don Ward modified a Slimline Pro into a single barrel pen by modifiying the center coupler. It's on his website www.redriverpens.com I think. You could also drop him a PM.

ldubia

I DL the PDF for the slimline mod. Would that also work for a click pen. The mechanisms are different so I was wondering.

I am going to order several of the long clickers and see if the nibs and button can be swapped out. If they can, it might be a temp fix for now. But I still want to learn how to mod the pens.

Last edited:

Sylvanite

The PSI gel-click pen (and it's variants) can be made into a single-barrel click pen with a fairly straightforward modification. You just have to press the tubes onto the center coupler and turn the centerband down to tube-flush. The coupler is not symmetric, so you need to keep track of which end is which. Check out http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/just-another-rebar-pen-94933/ where I used that kit to make a single-barrel click pen.

I hope that helps,
Eric

ldubia

I think that might do the trick. I knew I had seen somewhere that someone had done this. I just couldn't remember where.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you...did I say thank you?

turn4fun

Larry.. Check the home page of this forum. There's a nicely written tutorial on making a kitless, one-piece click-pen. It might be what you're looking for. I read the tutorial yesterday. I can't remember who the author of the tutorial is right now. My apology to the author for not remembering. But thanks for the great tutorial.

Hey Larry, we'll see you at Symposium and at our meeting in a couple of weeks.. the other Larry

Top Bottom