Help - Need Dimensions for a Jet 1014 or 1014I

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

FordTrax

Okay, I am suppose to pick up a very lightly used Jet 1014I next week for $200 with a Beall Buffing system. I really like the Jets - I was hoping for something with a 12" swing but for $200 with the Beall system it should work out okay. I think they are about $475 new and probably 50 for the Beall Buffer. So I am happy to get it at $200.

But here is were I need hep. I want to build a rolling stand for it. I saw one I kind of liked on youtube and thought I would use it as a starting point and make a few minor adjustments to make it mine.

Here is the link to the you tube stand video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkX2-0PP3Jg

I called Jet but they did not have a 1014 or 1014I on hand to measure. I was hoping someone with a Jet 1014I (the tech thought the 1014 and 1014I bed would be the same) could measure their lathe and give me the following dimensions:

Total Length (Left to Right) of the Lathe Where It Sits On the Table:
Total Depth (Front to Back) of the Lathe Bed Where it Sits on the Table:
Distance between the Centers of the Feet Bolts (Front to Back):
Distance between the Centers of the Feet Bolts (Left to Right):
Height of the Center of the Spindle/Quill from the Table Top:

I hope someone can give me these measurements off their 1014/1014I - I am looking forward to making the stand this weekend!!! :) That way I can have it ready to go when I get the lathe and have it running next weekend.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

FordTrax

That Helps But Still Need The Foot Spacing

Thank you for the manual. However, if someone could measure the distance between the bolt centers for the rubber feet that would be great. I need the distance from the center of the foot bolt (bolt hole) in the back to the center of the foot bolt in the front of the lathe - so I know exactly how far apart to put the front and back lathe support rails.

Top Bottom