Help with modifying the 7mm Euro....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

redfishsc

I am considering messing around with the 7mm euro with the larger designer spring-clip. I have seen a lot of the variations on the slimline (like those on Russ's page), and it seems to me like you could also do those with the Euro pen as well (the only real difference being that the clip is bigger).

I am particularly looking at the "bandless" types, like Russ's "fat-line" and "Russ-line" types.

Any ideas?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

The upper barrel on the 7mm Euro does not lend itself well to modifying. The clip design is close to the wood when made bushing to bushing. Any larger change in wood configuration does not allow the clip to be used as it is up against the wood. I have tried adjusting the clip without success, it must be really tough spring steel. It is a very mini gripe I have with this particular pen but it is what it is and I still like the design. My suggestion is leave the upper barrel alone, go b-to-b. Any artsy turning should be limited to lower barrel.

clthayer

If this is something like what you are talking about here a few that I have done.

This one I think is something like Russ's fatline. I was looking to do something with the box of scrap trimmings that I have.
200751702840_100_2490.jpg
<br />

The following three are done using psi's tennon sizing bushing for a guide.

200751703040_100_2496.jpg
<br />

From top to bottom birch with ebony, tiger wood (ga?) with curly ash, and (my favorite) curly soft maple with curly koa.

Christian

redfishsc

That's just what I'm thinking, guys. Nice pens-- great work.

Gimme a lil time to muck around with them, I'll see what I can come up with. I really like the fatter, more streamlined style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom