Help me out a little

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

I have several Sterling Silver pens with the tourquoise true stone blanks. I also have several with the Jade, but the Jade does look better with Gold. They are some of my favorate pens. Jim S

Last edited:

jttheclockman

Any Truestone preferably a dark color,or any black acrylic with some sort of segmentation in it.

If you notice any highend big name pen usually is silver and black. It screams class.

I feel woods of any brown color are great with gold fittings. Whites too look good with gold.

Last edited:

Dale Lynch

Malachite,or banded black/white trustone would be my first choices but many others would look great as well,just stay away from any with gold or copper web because it will clash with the solid silver.

Scruffy

Dark, with scattered hilites

Say B&W Ebony with just a smattering of white
Teal w a few little red hilites
Dark, dark Rosewood w ghosty bright splashes of red hilites

jyreene

I'd personally go with an M3. Either Aluminum and Black, Cobalt and Black, or even one of the solid colored ones like black titanium, though as Twissy above wrote the Damascus one would look pretty good too.

OKLAHOMAN

Cebloplast, Solid color Ebonite, Casein, Pre ban Ivory, these are just a few that will be a great match for a solid Sterling Silver component set.

rsmith

If it is for the pen you are about to stock, by all means, at least for me, the first thing I would consider is solid black ebonite. Let the componets do the talking since there is so much going on with them, and as been stated previously, you cant go wrong with silver/black, and the ebonite will patina to match the more matte finish of the sterling, not to mention you can't match the feel of good quality ebonite :)

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
If it is for the pen you are about to stock, by all means, at least for me, the first thing I would consider is solid black ebonite. Let the componets do the talking since there is so much going on with them, and as been stated previously, you cant go wrong with silver/black, and the ebonite will patina to match the more matte finish of the sterling, not to mention you can't match the feel of good quality ebonite :)
It's not for the pen in Market Research that is market research not a fact of life.

MTViper

I just finished a set of Sterling Silver Churchill (fountain and roller ball) pens and used Thuya Burl on them. They were spectacular. Had to wrestle my mother-in-law to get them back before I shipped them to the customer.

Top Bottom