Help with looking for blank cutter.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Celt40

Can anyone help? I am looking to find a company that sell a "Super Blank Cutting system".
It is a drill bit that cuts into end grain, making a round pen blank a cuts the center hole cut at same time.
I have one i bought from STEEBAR. Due to the trouble i had with Steebar in the past, i will not return there.So need to find another place that sells this tool.

I have searched the net looking for this system, but i can't find anywhere that show this drill. If anyone can help it would be great.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
M

monkeynutz

Word of caution: Some vendors list the 8mm and 10mm optional drill bits as "discontinued". I don't know if this means the manufacturer no longer offers them, or just that the vendors no longer carry them. Steebar is the only vendor still listing those sizes for sale, and I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them. I can't find any references to the manufacturer, so I don't know how you could clarify the info.

gerryr

I take a lot of time making sure the grain lines up on my pens. This contraption eliminates the possibility of even trying to do that.

Celt40

Yes Bob, I have got one and the system is great. I have the 3/4" cutter, i now want to get a smaller one as was pointed out there is a bit of waste with this way. As i only use it to cut Sierra blanks i don't need to bother much about grain matching. I also only use it on plainer woods.
Everyone to their own way's, i personaly like it.

Top Bottom