Help locating casting thread please!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

JimGo

I am about to embark on some skin casting. I thought I remembered seeing a thread in which someone (Don Ward or Anthony?) mentioned a method they were using to weigh down the tubes, yet keep them up off the bottom, while casting them in a flat bin. I came across a thread when I did my searches that has some good info(http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=2567&SearchTerms=weigh,cast ) but I can't find the one I'm remembering. Does anyone happen to have that thread bookmarked, or have any suggestions? I thought about using a threaded rod and washer (with a thin layer of Vaseline) on each end, but I'm afraid of how the ends will wind up being cast (though I could add some CA to the ends to strengthen them).

Thanks!

alamocdc

Jim, I don't have the thread, but I just cast some tubes wrapped in something else. I did exactly what you described... sort of. I used carriage bolts, washers and a nut on the end. All of the metal was coated in vaseline, but I was VERY careful not to get any on the ends of the tubes. Worked like a charm. [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom