Help identify pen kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodstump

I have a bag full of these kits that I bought some time ago that I'm trying to identify. I think it's a cigar pen, but I'm not sure and I need to find the directions for turning and assembling. I've attached a scan of the parts, any ideas? And do you have the Instruction sheet if you know what it is?

Thanks, Don

200522119447_cigar%20pen.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodstump

I thought it was this kit at first too, but there is some differences that gave me pause.... looking at the attached picture, is the writing nib a composite of parts A,B, and C?

The Center band in the diabram appears to be black and chrome, suggesting a composite of the two material as oppossed to the piece I have that is completely black.

And thanks guys, incredible speed and helpfullness on those posts.

Don

Originally posted by cteaglesc
<br />Here's the link toPSI's cigar, they're all the same.
Watch it when you put the bushings on
From the nib end it goes
Smallest ,second largest, largest, second smallest.(at the finial)
I know I've put them on wrong at least once.
http://www.pennstateind.com/library/PKBIG&PCL.pdf

200522120330_cigar%20pen%20and%20diagram.jpg

woodscavenger

Tell you what, why don't you just send them to me and I will send you a nicely labelled slimline kit complete with directions. [;)]

Looks like the ciagr kit to me.

woodstump

Thanks, but I think I've got the 411 on these kits now. Maybe you should change your name to Kitscavenger [^]

BTW, I found this page off of Pikes Peak woodturners site that shows a really good picture of all the parts and instructions. Just what I needed.

http://www.penturners.org/content/CigarPenInstructions.pdf

Originally posted by woodscavenger
<br />Tell you what, why don't you just send them to me and I will send you a nicely labelled slimline kit complete with directions. [;)]

Looks like the ciagr kit to me.
[:D][8D]

woodstump

I've put some of these together now with fairly good results. Unfortunately, my pen mills I have are 7mm and 10?mm. The 10mm penmill doesn't fit snugly inside the tube for this item. What size mill does a berea cigar pen use?

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom