Help Identifing Wood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

StuartCovey

Hey all,
I need help identifying the red wood on this Jr. Gent pen.
Any ideas?

Thanks,

Celtic Knot Aluminum Jr Gent Rhodium 2-1.jpg Celtic Knot Aluminum Jr Gent Rhodium 2-3.jpg Celtic Knot Aluminum Jr Gent Rhodium 2-4.jpg

Reactions: Big
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sprung

That's a very nice pen! The main wood looks like the bloodwood I've got. The accent wood in the knot looks like it could maybe be a mahogany or padauk?

StuartCovey

That's a very nice pen! The main wood looks like the bloodwood I've got. The accent wood in the knot looks like it could maybe be a mahogany or padauk?

Thanks all for the responses.
After a couple google searches on the woods you guys responded with, it looks like Bloodwood is the closes match.

Thanks again!

StuartCovey

Ok, I take back my previous post :redface: I found another blank that I had matched up with this one and its Padauk.

Tiger- Can you believe the outline on the knot is soda can aluminum? :wink:

Last edited:

Tiger

Ok, I take back my previous post :redface: I found another blank that I had matched up with this one and its Padauk.

Tiger- Can you believe the outline on the knot is soda can aluminum? :wink:
I suspected it was aluminium, i did one once where i had some thin black plastic sandwiched between 2 bits of aluminium, had a blowout on the lathe and never completed it, your pen looks great though and the Paduak is a rich red colour that looks spectacular.

Top Bottom