Help, I can't do it!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

toolcrazy

My wife wants me to put truestone on a slimline. Personally, I think it's a waste. But, I did buy the pieces for her. :D I think I've decided to cut it down and save the slices for segmenting. I'm just having a hard time bringing myself to do it. :D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Thats almost blasphemy[:D][}:)] I love the humble slimline, there is NOTHING that can't be done to make it spectacular.
Why not try a twist nib style? (But with tru-stone, I suggest using Russ's extra tube method) Then you get to really show off the TS.
Which one did you get? Whatever you do, please don't slice it up, that would be a real waste.[:(]

toolcrazy

Originally posted by skiprat
<br />
Which one did you get?

http://www.woodturnerscatalog.com/cgi-bin/shopper?preadd=action&key=239-0112

The advantage is, she is going to take it to work and it will draw more attention than her rosewood set. I'm hoping this will work to my advantage. [;)] I can't get her to use any other type of kit, she likes the smaller diameter. She hates the cigar and baron.

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Hmm, let's see. Your wife is a woman, right? Does she work with other women? Other women who might also like slimline pens? Especially slimline pens with premium platings? Other women who have purses? Other women with purses that have cash and/or checkbooks in them?

Help me out, I don't understand what the problem is.

stevers

Maybe you could cut it down first (from 11/16 x 11/16 down to 7/16 or 1/2 x etc) and that way you could have some thin slices to play with in a segmentation. Maybe for slices in between something. I don't know, just throwing out ideas.

toolcrazy

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Hmm, let's see. Your wife is a woman, right? Does she work with other women? Other women who might also like slimline pens? Especially slimline pens with premium platings? Other women who have purses? Other women with purses that have cash and/or checkbooks in them?

Help me out, I don't understand what the problem is.

You are right! I'm gonna make the pens she wants. Thanks Cav

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom