Help with Gatsby Click...not clicking

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Grott

Well like the title says it's not clicking, it's stiff to click out and won't retract without "help".

It made one "bad" click/pop during assembly as I was pressing the clip and cap onto the tube. Any ideas? Bad mechanism?

This is only my 3rd Gatsby but the first two went together smoothly, I had to stretch the cap/button spring slightly to keep one from rattling while writing but the click was positive on both and the pen's both feel good.

I have one more kit but the blank is special, if I have to disassemble are there any tricks?

Thanks, Garett

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Garett - Sounds to me like the click mechanism is damaged/defective but you might (if you haven't already) check to see if there's something blocking the path of the refill in the tip. Might even be a bent refill?

If it's the mechanism, call PSI (after you successfully disassemble). They've been good to me in getting replacement parts. Disassembly is another thing. Always iffy. Do you have the tool set?

DSallee

I had one do this and the cause was when I pressed the nib in, it went in crooked and also messed up the tip some causing it to be "sticky" ... problem was, I didnt have nib end of the insert/blank cleaned good befor pressing the nib in, had a burr. oops!

Grott

Thanks

I'll check the nib tube for blockage and alignment, but I think its ok. I suspect a bad mechanism. Are there any tricks for getting this apart? I don't have a punch set but I do have various drills, brazing rod, old mandrels etc.

I have dissembled a few pens, but on this one the screwed together click assembly is larger than the opening in the cap/clip assembly, what's the procedure?

Thanks again, Garett

Top Bottom