Help on Fountain Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

laspringer

A customer wants a FP with a Calligraphy nib,but wants the part that you hold larger than the Baron FP. What FP has a Calligraphy nib besides the one at Craft Supplies.

Thanks Alan

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vick

You may want to e-mail niles (username nilsatcraft)he works for CSU. I think the calligraphy nib in their catalog only fits pens that have the same size writeing nib (there term for the part). I believe Anthony (Penworks) mentioned in an other post that they carry replacement nibs for the larger pens like the gentleman or ligero but they are not in the online catalog. Not suer if this is true or if they have a calligraphy nib for them Niles would know for sure.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
None. The calligraphy nib from CSUSA fits the Jr. Statesman, the Jr. Gentleman and the Baron. There are no other stock calligraphy nibs at this time. (But times change!) [8D]

driften

I guess you could get the gold nib from Anthony and then have it reground. You might be able to get the steel nib reground its all a matter of how much someone wants to pay...

woodscavenger

I know Schaefer sells a cheap calligraphy starter kit that has interchangeable nibs with catridge refills. I have seen them at book store and art supply places. I wonder what the chances are that they have the same threading???

Depending on your skill I guess you could turn a custom sleeve that would go over the grip section. You would lose the screw cap ability and would likely need to make a custom fit friction cap like Anthony has done. The other option would be to use one of the caligraphy dip pen nibs ( see Anthony's posts and pics). You can customize the wood section to be a large as needed. I think you can buy these nibs at many art supply stores as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom