Help finding a few items>>>

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

follow3

Hi All,

I am hunting some sources and hope you all can help.

I once saw someone selling lumber or blanks that were pieces from either Jack Daniels or Jim Beam barrels. Does anyone know a source?

I also saw lumber from Nappa Valley wine barrels???

Also, where would I be able to buy exotic Burls Wholesale in quantity?

Thanks in advance,
Steve

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Malainse

Contact Gary Max he was selling Kentucky Whiskey Barrel blanks. Due to legal reasons the distillery name is left off..;)

WriteRev

Steve,

Wine Barrels don't make the most interesting pens, but they sell well if people know what they are. I've sold a lot of corkscrews made out of Napa wine barrels. The easiest source if you want a lot of blanks is to buy a half barrel at a nursery or home improvement store. Many of them have the winery printed on the lid. You do need to be cautious about using the winery's name without permission. I simply say, "Napa Wine Barrels."

I've posted a couple pictures in my album.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/photo_album_cat.asp?sqldtl=3498

I have some extra staves on hand if you want to try a few. PM me if you are interested.

Steve

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Steve,

I don't know what quantity of exotic burls you are looking for. You may wish to consider buying burl chunks from some of our members who sell in the classified. Asking them to reveal and share their sources may be problematic.

tnilmerl

How many do you want? I traded some time back a box of antler for some exotic Australian blanks, and the guy tossed in a dozen Jack Daniels whiskey barrel blanks. Very ordinary looking blanks. The background and story that goes with them is what sells.

Top Bottom