Help. Equal bushings and drill bit?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RSidetrack

Okay - I went and ordered from Exotic, got myself a bunch of Atrax kits, however I forgot to get the bits and bushings :redface:

I have a 10.5 bit, but do not have a 12.5 - is there something equal in standard?

As for the bushings, are there any kits out there with similar bushings that I just might have around?

Can't believe I did this, I was so excited because the order comes in today and they are my first Atrax kits and also my first Brooks blanks, but I forgot the bits and bushings :frown:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RSidetrack

Last edited:

Andrew_K99

1/2" is only 0.00787" bigger than 12.5mm. It should work if you use epoxy or something that'll fill the slightly bigger gap.

FYI, an inch is 25.4mm, if you ever want to convert millimeters into inches just divide by 25.4. So 12.5 / 25.4 = 0.492126" which is just smaller than 1/2" (0.500) which is 12.7mm.

AK

Last edited:

RSidetrack

Wait - is it close to the Majestic Junior, I just read that .492 is required for that so I must have that drill bit somewhere because I have made one before :) One of the first I made though so probably covered in dust. Will the bushings for a majestic work?

el_d

You got calipers?

I don't use bushings for the most part. I did get some from johniecnc for the slimline and clicker pen that I make ALOT of. But use the calipers for final sizing.

D.Oliver

You could make some bushings. I have done that before. Just cut a spare 7mm tube into 3/4" pieces and glue it into some scrap and then turn it down to size and you have your bushing. Granted they don't take sanding or accidents hits from the tool well but they'll work in a pinch.

Old Lar

The bushings for the Vail from Beartoothwoods will work for tube size. I have not checked the pen size so my have to use calipers. I have used these for a couple other pens as well, but can't remember which ones.

Top Bottom