Help with Artisan Sienna

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

campzeke

I taught my son to turn pens during a recent visit. One of the pens he made was an Artisan Sienna that has become his daily pocket pen. Last week he dropped it directly on the tip. That of course ruined the cartridge which he replaced with a "Parker" refill from a local office supply. Success .... well almost. Now when twists the pen to expose the tip, it does not come out all the way and is just barely exposed. The way this pen is assembled, the cartridge is housed in the other parts of the kit and nothing in the mechanism is pressed into place. Is there something inside the transmission that could have been pushed deeper into the transmission on impact? Does anyone have any idea how this can be repaired?

Thanks in advance for your ideas and input.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jsolie

I had a Sienna that was having some problems, and CSUSA sent me another transmission after I emailed their tech support about it. No fuss, no muss and it fixed the problem.

Josh@csusa

Fix

I think Joey hit it right on the head. I would look for a burr or something similar on the inside of the nib where the refill pokes through. Take the pen apart and try to push the refill through by hand and see if it will slide out to where you think it should. If it won't take a needle file to the interior of the hole and lightly file away the burr. If it will slide and out easily we might have a transmission issue. Give me a call and we can help you out.

Top Bottom