HELP!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

U-Turn

I have a customer that wants a Roller Ball Fountain Pen combination wtih a high end kit. However, he does not like the post on the end of a pen and wants one with a "cap" rather than a post - also does not want any bling - I have been all over and cannot find anything other than a ballpoint with a cap on the end. Something similar to a Cigar cap would be good.

Thanks ahead for any suggestions.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

Non Postable Junior Gent -- get the roller ball and the fountainpen kits and the front ends are interchangable. The Statesman is the only thing fancier/heaviers and it has more bling.

gwilki

U turn
When you say that he doesn't want the "post" at the end, are you referring to the chrome ends on almost all kit pens, or that he doesn't want to post the cap, which means stick it on the end of the barrel when he write with it?

I'm thinking you are referring to the chrome "post" on the end of kit pens. If so, you can turn any of these kits closed end. You'll see lots of pics of closed end fountain pens and rollerballs here, and tutorials on how to make them.

Many of the fountain pen kits come as rollerballs, too. As was mentioned, just buy two kits, one fountain pen and one rollerball. Give the customer both front ends and keep the rest of the kit as spares.

U-Turn

I am talking about the chrome/gold post on the end. Guess two kits for one is the way to go agt this point. Guess I am just surprised that there is not a rollerball or fountain pen kit with just a cap.

gwilki

I figured that's what you were talking about. All the fountain pen/roller ball kits that I can think of have some kind of end cap on the barrel. They aren't all terribly bling. The Churchill is a bit subdued.

For your pen, though, I would go closed end. It's not difficult to do and I think they can give a custom look to an otherwise kit pen.

Top Bottom