Help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I made a rookie mistake today and I mixed up 4 sets of bushings. I was wondering if someone can measure theirs.

Sierra ---20A---????

Sierra Vista----50A---????

Tapia Pacifica ( poker pen and fisher of men pens) -=---?????

Round Top European Double Twist Pen----?????

Boy that was dumb. Won't do that again he says. Maybe there is a chart for these things somewhere??? I tried measuring the kits but nothing is matching up. Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

John , the sierra and the tapa pacificas are the same size , the sierra vista is the same tube size but a larger diameter shoulder and the euro is a totally different tube size . That should sort them out quickly .

Fred

Invest in several mandrels and keep the bushings on each one .... one mandrel, one set of bushings, one pen kit setup. No problem even if you drop one (assuming the brass nut is in place and the parts don't slide off) Keep each mandrel setup in a kit box for each pen kit.

Plano makes a plastic box with movable partitions. These are found at Walmart in the sporting goods department and are often used for fishing lure storage. Plano also has a stacking box that come with four individual trays. Google Plano and look around!

Last edited:

rjwolfe3

Sierra ---20A--- Nib .475" | Finial .475"

Sierra Vista----50A---????

Tapia Pacifica ( poker pen and fisher of men pens) -=---?????

Round Top European Double Twist Pen---- (if this are the 3B) Nib .366" | CB Lower Barrel .471"
CB Upper Barrel .550" | Finial .410" | Optional .545"

I have a chart but can't get anyone to help with the sizes I don't have.

KenV

My Sierra Vista bushings are marked 70a (the 50a is marked for the eltorro) but those are the Bill Baumback Brerea numbers --

http://www.arizonasilhouette.com/Pen_Kit_Bushings.htm

Note that the Vista bushing are not the same from end to end -- one is a bit larger than the other.

the european should be a different tube diameter and that will help sort them out.

I use metal shower rings to keep the bushings on and if I label the rings, I can remember which one is which. You need not ask about the labels.....

Top Bottom