Help

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

pentex

Could someone please tell me about what punches to order from Harbor Freight to disassemble pens. I have so many rejects around my house I need to try and reclaim some of the parts. I probably have enough to start a on line parts sale. Thanks much.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pssherman

Harold,

The punches from Harbor Freight come in a set. The smaller ones will fit through the transmission and can be used to knock off the nib end. The medium sized ones can be used to fit through the barrel and push out the transmission.

Paul in AR

JimGo

The transfer punches will make a great addition to your pen making arsenal. They are great for disassembly, and once you've used them a few times, a "friend" said that the ends tend to get mashed down a bit creating the perfect surface by which to scrape out dried glue from inside the tubes. I'll have to rely on my friend's word on this, though, as I <u>never</u> make mistakes that necessitate disassembling a pen, nor do I get CA inside my tubes.[:D]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by JimGo
<br />The transfer punches will make a great addition to your pen making arsenal. They are great for disassembly, and once you've used them a few times, a "friend" said that the ends tend to get mashed down a bit creating the perfect surface by which to scrape out dried glue from inside the tubes. I'll have to rely on my friend's word on this, though, as I <u>never</u> make mistakes that necessitate disassembling a pen, nor do I get CA inside my tubes.[:D]

YOU SEEEEEE!

I taught Jim every good thing he knows!!

pentex

Thanks so much. Just ruined a acrylic Baron pen last night because I got in a hurry and pressed part in backward. Boy, this learning sure is getting expensive. Thanks again.

Rmartin

You could send all your rejects to me. I'll dissasemble for you, and sell, um send, them back to you; at a discount of course, because that's the kind of nice fellow I am.

Rmartin

pentex

Rmartin, guess I need to send um to you. I just pushed the twist mech in to far on a Euro pen. Am going to order the punches from HF right now because I don't want to drive to Ft.Worth. Boy, this is fun. I am truly amazed at the work everyone on here does. Maybe some day I can post a picture of my work. Thanks everyone.

ahoiberg

luckily, the baron is a kit you can disassemble... i've run into a few, i.e. those that require tenons that i can't figure out how to get apart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom