Hello

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KVBaker

Hey guys, I'm new to the site and new to turning pens. I must say that the people on this site really inspire a guy to get better because some or y'alls work is remarkable.

The whole reason I'm here now is I was struggling to find a good gift for my groomsmen when a student showed me a pen he and his uncle made. It was pretty cool. I walked over to talk to our shop teacher and mentioned to him that I was thinking about learning, and he had everything I needed to make one. He taught me, told me were the local Woodcraft was and away I went. I have been doing it for about 3 weeks and made close to 40 pens already. Needless to say, I am learning on the fly. I have gotten A LOT better, but still have a long way to go.

Anyway, I just wanted to take a second to say hello, and that I think you guys do awesome work.

Thanks for the inspiration

KVB

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

longbeard

Welcome from WV
alot of great vendors here too, check out the library for how to's and the vendors catalog :biggrin:
Harry

NYWoodturner

Welcome from New York. You will be amazed at how much time you can spend on this sight and how much you can learn !
Scott

KVBaker

Thanks for the welcome guys. I had not found the library until Longbeard suggested it. It's pretty cool. I hope once I get done rushing to make my groomsmen gifts I can slow down and do some really cool pens, and maybe start selling some after some more practice. But until then I have a way to make some really cool gifts.

plano_harry

Welcome from Plano. Be sure and subscribe to the Central Texas forum on here. Getting to meet some of these guys in person is almost more fun than making pens!

Harry

Top Bottom