Heavy and/or balanced pen kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Katya

The Churchill is another good choice. Not as much metal so it's a bit lighter, BUT it has a large diameter. Looks good when blanks coordinate with the black plastic ends of the components. Certainly not as big as the full Majestic or Emperor though.

zig613

The full size Gentlemen in rhodium from CSUSA. A classic looking pen with good weight without all the bling. You also may want to consider the Statesman from CSUSA.

Wade

Last edited:

Rink

I like Atrax for a heavy pen. Bold design, but clean, simple lines, lets the blank be the show. By default, they are non-postable, but you can add a postable end piece for a couple bucks. Fountain or Rollerball. Good luck.

Charlie69

Heavy compared to what? Imo all the kits are heavy when put on a scale next to pens that people buy at the store. The Pilot Precise V5 and Uni-Ball Vision elite sitting on my desk weigh .33 and .4 oz respectively. A stock slimline with acrylic barrels is .75 oz. I just finished a a neopean sans the kit finial and coupling that came in at just under an ounce. I've given away all the kit pens I've made but it wouldn't surprise me if some of them weigh close to 2oz...Too heavy to be a shirt or pants pocket pen imo but everybody is different.

WriteON

The American Patriots are heavy and quite cool.
Wild Card from with thick blanks is as manly and heavy as it gets.
The Steampunk..... if it fits his taste it is a unique pen to own.

all are from PSI

Attachments

• PAT pens.jpg
    PAT pens.jpg
    222 KB · Views: 211
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    179.6 KB · Views: 207
Last edited:

MTViper

I agree with the suggestions for Churchill (Berea) & American Patriot (PSI). I'm a big man and I carry these. I also like the Steampunk pens from PSI. I carry one with a circuit board blank on it. Always attracts a comment. I also like my Vertex Supreme (PSI). It has a magnetic cap that posts on either end, available in rollerball or fountain pen. I like it in gun metal finish. Nice and heavy, but well balanced. Watch the magnet in your pocket with your cell phone or credit cards.

dtswebb

The El Grande is a great large pen. Total weight is dependent upon the material used - Truestone, M3 and some woods like cocobolo or Osage orange will give you a fairly hefty pen. Biggest gripe I have with the El Grande is the visible plastic at the end and center.

The Atrax is smaller in diameter, but the more I use my Atrax the more I like it, even for someone like myself with my big paws. All the visible parts of the Atrax are metal, which I like.

An Emperor can make a large, heavy impressive pen.

Aaron at Lau Lau Penkits carries a rollerball that I believe is called the Havana, which is a large and impressive pen.

ossaguy

I really like the weight & balance of the Accord pen.It feels like a guys pen,and I love writing with it.

Steve

Top Bottom