Having trouble with Pencil Mechanisms

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenwc

I've only attempted a couple of slimline "pencils". In both cases the mechanisms were bad.

One just would simply stick when the top was pushed down. The other would allow the lead to retract back into it's tube when writing.

I beieve the were both PSI kits. Are there any pencil kits or pencil mechanisms for slimlines that are better than others?

Thanks...Ken

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DocStram

Ken ..... ARGHHHHH!!! Those PSI Slimline Pencils are frustrating as all get out. Take a look at the archives. There are suggestions in some of those threads as to what to do. Here's my final solution ... I quit buying them from PSI.

redfishsc

Another ditto. Hit or miss. I personally rarely buy kits from PSI, though I do buy their tooling, I've found their turning tools to be a great value. But pens, I stick to CSUSA and Berea.

kenwc

I just ordered a couple of Berea pencil kits with the Schmidt twist mech. We'll see how those turn out. Thanks

Rudy Vey

Originally posted by kenwc
<br />I just ordered a couple of Berea pencil kits with the Schmidt twist mech. We'll see how those turn out. Thanks

The Schmidt mechanism is way superior to any of the click pencils.
I make the Perfect Fit Convertible pen and offer my customers the pencil mechanism as well, most of them will buy it.
But I must also say that I have not had too much trouble with the click slimlines from Berea, too.

oscarMadison

Which of the berea pens have the schmidt mechanism? I don't like the click pencil mechanism from any of the vendors. They just never seem to last long.

Rudy Vey

Originally posted by oscarMadison
<br />Which of the berea pens have the schmidt mechanism? I don't like the click pencil mechanism from any of the vendors. They just never seem to last long.

Perfect Fit, El Grande and the Sierra can be made into a pencil.

jrc

I think there was another pencil kit that also took a Parker refill from Berea that I sent out for testing over a year ago. The Perfect Fit Convertible Ball Point Pen/Pencil. http://www.bereahardwoods.com/new/kits/mix_3.cfm#1

It is still working. I had the same trouble with the slimlines too, 10 out of 12 would worked, 2 did not. Anyone tried the Pentel kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom