Having another senior moment

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon

I can't remember where I was able to purchase those 5"x3" pink wax sheets used to plug the end of the tubes to keep the glue out.
I've gone through all of my vendor catalogs but unable to find.

Perhaps it's been discontinued.

Anyone out there know [?]

Thanks as always

Gordon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alamocdc

Gordon, I asked my dentist if I could buy some from him. He gave me three sheets. Haven't run out yet, but will probably take him a pen next time I'm in need. No more often than I require it, I'll probably get all I need gratis. [:D]

Rifleman1776

Being a highly resourceful person (some would call it cheap [:I] ), I find ways to save money on many things. Beeswax will work just fine for plugging tubes. Plus it has thousands of other uses. Contact your county extension service and ask for the names of beekeepers. Start calling, you very likely will find one who will give you a lot of beeswax, for free. To beekeepers, wax is a nusiance by-product of honey production. It needs cleaning. Just melt over low heat and skim crud off. Then you can roll into sheets or anything you want and have a liftime supply for little to no cost.

Randy_

I always have a few candle scraps laying around the house. I melt enough wax in a tunafish can to have about 1/4" layer of wax...be sure to use a double boiler!! You can make several cans at one time so you will always have a good supply of wax that is essentially free!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom