Have lathe, must travel

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
For all my penturning friends that have nice big (or small) shops let me tell you about my shop. We have 3 homes, Yuma,AZ - Portland,Ore and Ceres,Ca so three times a year I load my little pen shop in a box 3 feet long by 18in wide and high and head out to its next home. I have learned to do everything I need to do with my lathe. Drill, sharpen, turn, press my pens, ect. Years ago I wrote a book, " Your shop in a suitcase" now I get to put my advice into practice. We love to travel but would not do it without my shop. Wishing everyone a Great thanksgiving, olyumabill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MatthewZS

I am attempting do do nearly this very thing right now. I just finished packing my lathe for a move to portland oregon. If you don't mind my asking do you just transport it in a car or do you ship it various places?

Have lathe

I promised my wife if I couldn't carry it in our new Nissan Cube I would not take it. I built a rack that fits into our trailer hitch (looks like a handicap scooter rack) and the box sits on that rack. Box came from Lowes and cost $40.00 the rack I built, about $20.00 I am getting to old and tired to do much more than this. I works really well for us

Have lathe

We leave Mon morning for Ceres,Ca will post a picture when we get home. Sorry we missed meeting you Tim we return to Yuma in Jan for 4 months.

Top Bottom