Havana Ballpoint Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

Has anyone made this pen? I got a special order this weekend for a fountain pen, rollerball and ballpoint in Desert Ironwood. I had a Gold Ti EL Presidente in DIW so the customer already has that. The CSUSA Havana is basically the same pen but the only plating options are 10K and Rhodium. The question I really have is regarding the clip and finial and how they compare to a cigar. I'm thinking that maybe I could use parts from a Gold Ti cigar and a Gold Ti El Toro to make a Gold Ti El Presidente ballpoint. Fortunately, I only told the customer that I thought I could make a ballpoint like the one he already has.

Hey Nils, these pens need to be offered in Gold Ti, 10K just isn't good enough.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
B

Bill Baumbeck

gerryr,

If you want contact Nils at Craft Supply to see if they can provide additional platings I would suggest that you call him (1-800-551-8876 toll free).

As I've mentioned on numerous occasions, a phone call to the supplier is much more effective than posting a message in this or any other forum and waiting for him to read it.

Bill Baumbeck
Arizona Silhouette

tnilmerl

I believe the Havana is the same as Woodcraft's Robusto. Very nice pen. Very heavy, weight pulls on shirt pcoket, but still a nice pen. Finial is similar in design to the cigar pen's finial. Clip is better design, not exactly the same as the cigar. I like the fountian pen's gold/silver nib. Much classier that some other kits.

gerryr

What I'm actually looking to do is scavenge enough of the internals from the Havana ballpoint to convert an El Presidente rollerball into a ballpoint or to take parts from a Cigar as well, such as the nib. Guess I'll just order all the parts and see what I can come up with. The customer is a partner in a fairly large law firm here, so I want this to be right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom