Has this ever happened to you

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzy

I have turned many pens out of Zebra wood but this is the first time that this has happened. Notice the difference in the colors.

2007224134055_Zebra%20Set.jpg

I'm not sure if I should still sell it as a set or should I split them up? Your opinions and comments are greatly appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

pete00

hmmmm.....
you could show them together and let your customers decide.

you could sell them as a one of a kind set, your pitch
"through the miricales of nature one changed colors, i can never duplicate them"

or make a few more sets and see if you or your customers can mix and match more to your liking.

pete

Stevej72

The same thing happened on my last pen. I've made a lot of wine bottle holders from Zebrawood. From a piece of wood 2 inches thick and about 6 wide, a lot of times the colors will be quite different.

2007224145630_DCP_5372.jpg
<br />

mewell

We see it quite a bit with cocobolo... it's tough to find blanks that look the same *inside* no matter what the OUTSIDE looks like. Customers don't seem to mind tho', so I'd say "go for it."

Mark

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
The more unusual the wood, the more likely the color variance. You've definitely got a "set" and I think most customers will understand the color variations.

Rmartin

If you're making more, try to find simular ones as sets. But I don't think it really matters. I would tell those who ask that the wood has not been stained. It's the natural variations in a very rare piece of wood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom