Has Anyone Turned???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

Do not see any of these. A pen light. Has anyone ever turned one and if so do you have photos??? Where do you get your kits and is it a difficult little project??? What are some of the ins and outs of making one??? Are these any kind of a good seller???

papaturner

John, I did about 20 of those last year for Christmas gifts. They are not a hard project, in fact very easy. I got my kits from Woodturningz. Did most of them in wood but did do 5 in deer antler, those were really cool and the men loved them. With all that said I don`t think I took one photo,sorry. Out of all I did I only had one bad switch and Woodturningz replace it.

Randy_

John: I've made a couple of them for myself and as gifts. Never tried to sell them. My guess is that they would not be big sellers. Don't think too many people would be willing to spend $35-$50 for a "tool" that is going to get beat up.

The kits I made were from Penn State. Far as I know, they are the only folks that make a penlight kit. I prefer the pushbutton mechanism which will stay on until the button is pushed. On the "clip" kit, you have to hold the clip down continuously for the light to be on.

As to difficulty, they are no more difficult to make than a pen kit.

Top Bottom