Has Anyone turned "Designer Fountian Pen"

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doghouse

PSI makes a kit "PKMONT-FPT"
Has anyone turned this kit? I have had a request for the kit, but am very leary of the stepped drill bit kits.

Any info is helpful.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
You might want to look at the new Berea roundtop fountain pen. http://www.bereahardwoods.com/page5-6.htm#RoundtopEuro .. no step drills.. just one V size bit... it does not have the round back, but has a small screw back that the cap posts on...
Personally, I do not care for a lot of the stuff that PSI sells... virtually all my pens are either CSU or Berea.. I think they have better platings and mechanisms....

Docsmith45

Doghouse:

I have made one from Wenge and one from Bloodwood. The only trouble I had was my first attempt with the bloodwood. I tried to drill too quickly and had a blowout. The pens write really well and I carry the Wenge as my daily driver. Go for it. They are a nice pen.

Doc

melogic

Doghouse,
I did 2 of the ones Tom spoke of from Berea. Simply because they did not require the step drilling. They went together as easy as the regular designers. Go for it, they work great. I sold one and gave one to a friend in trade for tinting the windows in my camper shell for my pickup truck.

ilikewood

I have John...they sell well for me, but the threads (like all PSI pens) are a bit rough.

The step drill bits are easy to use. Just slowly drill in...stop and drop the tube into the blank to check the depth...drill a bit more until you get it right where you want it. Then, MARK YOUR BIT, so you can drill right down to that spot every time. They are easy to assemble and the step bit works very well. They seem to be more popular with the ladies (style I guess), so I use more "feminine" woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom