Hard to turn pen transmission

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Going through my stock of turned pens that I've had since Christmas and I noticed that some of the pens are hard to twist to get the point out. When I remove the top, they twist easily. The problen seems to be with cigar pens. When they were first made, they were very easy to twist. Any suggestions as to how to remidy the situiation?

Mannie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tomwojeck

Mannie,

Any time I've had that happen to me, there's been leftover glue on the inside of the tube. Once I've been able to get it out, the pen would work just fine.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Originally posted by tomwojeck
<br />Mannie,

Any time I've had that happen to me, there's been leftover glue on the inside of the tube. Once I've been able to get it out, the pen would work just fine.
Are you refering to glue that may be inside the brass tube from glueing the tube into the blank?

Mannie

tomwojeck

Are you refering to glue that may be inside the brass tube from glueing the tube into the blank?

Mannie

Yes. For me, especially with the Classic american twist pens, if I don't get the inside of the tube clear, it gets all mucked up. What I usually do is take the pen mill that I use and make sure to get the inside good and clean.

Rudy Vey

A letter "L" bit works wonder to clean/clear out a tube for the Doubletwist styles. Sorry, do not make cigars, so I don't know if the same bit would work here.

Rudy
SE MI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom