Harbor Freight Pressure Pot On Sale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Tip,
Where have you been? We have been talking casting PR in the pressure pots for a month now. You need to get out more often[:D]...Seriously, I have been casting my PR in pressure pots and the bubbles are eleminated. Others are interested. My paint pot cost $80 and now it is on sale for $40. Just last evening I posted some pics of a casting and a pen. Actually two pens, one snake skin and one that was colored PR. Take a look in the "penturning" forum and "show off your pens" forum. Thje snake skins come out crystal clear.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12352

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12357

There is a nice thread about the pressure pot and casting under pressure but I could not find it. It started back before Christmas...a search will find it. There are some pictures in my Y! PT album and maybe here also. It is really working out nicely.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by tipusnr

<br />What would this be used for in making pens? I must be missing something. Do some of you stabilize blanks using pressure rather than a vacuum?

tipusnr

Thanks Don. Yes - I missed it. Don't read the articles about casting PR very closely as I don't feel the urge to do it. If I want those kinds of blanks there are a lot of you doing a fine job of moking them and providing the result at a very fair price.

Again, thanks for the prompt and thorough reply.

esheffield

Actually it still seems to be on sale. Go to the site and use the "Order from printed catalog" link and enter the number 93119-1RMB into the box and hit add. Looks like you'll get it for 39.99. If you just search for it on the site and add it that way, it comes up 79.99. You have to play games with HF sometimes. They often have several prices on the same item at the same time. I've even seen this in the same catalog! The key is the last 4 digits of the item number. [;)]

Trying to decide if I want to get one and get in on this at some point. Casting sounds like fun.

rabbit

All,

I tried buying one when I first saw this thread, but I couldn't figure it out. After reading Eddies responce, it was a piece of cake.
Thanks Eddie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom