International Association of Penturners  
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > Community Forums > Penturning
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Penturning General penturning discussions not specifically addressed in one of the specialty forums.

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2006, 08:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Default Harbor Freight Pressure Pot On Sale

This pot is now (Jan 30 '06) on sale using Item Code 93119-1RMB . Go to < http://tinyurl.com/cacts > and use this code---the price is now $39.99 instead of $79.95/99 or whatever.

FWIW, Gene
kgwaugh is offline   Top
Old 01-30-2006, 08:28 AM   #2 (permalink)

Photos: 71

What would this be used for in making pens? I must be missing something. Do some of you stabilize blanks using pressure rather than a vacuum?
tipusnr is offline   Top
Old 01-30-2006, 09:08 AM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 73

Tip,
Where have you been? We have been talking casting PR in the pressure pots for a month now. You need to get out more often[:D]...Seriously, I have been casting my PR in pressure pots and the bubbles are eleminated. Others are interested. My paint pot cost $80 and now it is on sale for $40. Just last evening I posted some pics of a casting and a pen. Actually two pens, one snake skin and one that was colored PR. Take a look in the "penturning" forum and "show off your pens" forum. Thje snake skins come out crystal clear.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12352

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12357

There is a nice thread about the pressure pot and casting under pressure but I could not find it. It started back before Christmas...a search will find it. There are some pictures in my Y! PT album and maybe here also. It is really working out nicely.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Quote:
Originally posted by tipusnr

<br />What would this be used for in making pens? I must be missing something. Do some of you stabilize blanks using pressure rather than a vacuum?
www.RedRiverPens.com/articles (pen stuff I've written)
its_virgil is online now   Top
Advertisement
Old 01-30-2006, 10:25 AM   #4 (permalink)

Photos: 71

Thanks Don. Yes - I missed it. Don't read the articles about casting PR very closely as I don't feel the urge to do it. If I want those kinds of blanks there are a lot of you doing a fine job of moking them and providing the result at a very fair price.

Again, thanks for the prompt and thorough reply.
tipusnr is offline   Top
Old 01-31-2006, 03:34 PM   #5 (permalink)

Went to my local HF (Newark, DE) and they said the pressure pot was on clearance for $35, so I bought one.
dfurlano is offline   Top
Old 02-10-2006, 02:55 PM   #6 (permalink)

http://www.penturners.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12366&SearchTerms=pot

The original post was listed above, but the sale is no longer.

Gene
kgwaugh is offline   Top
Old 02-10-2006, 03:45 PM   #7 (permalink)

Actually it still seems to be on sale. Go to the site and use the "Order from printed catalog" link and enter the number 93119-1RMB into the box and hit add. Looks like you'll get it for 39.99. If you just search for it on the site and add it that way, it comes up 79.99. You have to play games with HF sometimes. They often have several prices on the same item at the same time. I've even seen this in the same catalog! The key is the last 4 digits of the item number. [;)]

Trying to decide if I want to get one and get in on this at some point. Casting sounds like fun.

When pursued by a hobbit and an ill-tempered dragon, remember, you don\'t have to outrun the dragon. You only have to outrun the hobbit.
esheffield is offline   Top
Old 02-10-2006, 05:49 PM   #8 (permalink)

All,

I tried buying one when I first saw this thread, but I couldn't figure it out. After reading Eddies responce, it was a piece of cake.
Thanks Eddie
rabbit is offline   Top
Closed Thread