Harbor Freight Calipers?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woody350ep

Brandon, I have item
[FONT=arial, sans-serif]95846-3VGA[/FONT]

They display in decimal and fractional. I like them so far. Check to make sure everything is in the package before you buy them though. There was a set sitting on the shelf that had the case but nothing else. THIEVES!!!!

Rudy Vey

I have two of the HF digital calipers, they are a great deal for the money. At work we have a high class gauge block set and I used it to check both of them and they were right on! I have now my own gauge block set and check them from time to time.

DocStram

I'm a HF user also. Seems to be there was a thread started about battery problems with their calipers. But, my batteries worked just fine. I think they're a good deal for the moola.

Brandon25

Luckily HF takes anything back within reason, so I won't worry too much about battery issues if that's the case.

Incidentally, littlemachineshop has some on sale for the same price that look exactly like the HF ones, except the button colors and the printed words on them. I wonder....

Firefyter-emt

I used to have a realy nice set of Fowlers, sweet caliper all day. Sadly, it met it's demise at the bottom of an electroylsis tank while it was in use! I now have two set's of the Harbor Freight ones, and while they are no where as nice as my Fowler set was, they do get the job done. It would be nice if they turned off automaticly, but when using them, its sometimes nice to have them stay on.

I still prefer the digital ones myself, although I have a 12" Starret set in a wood case that is the non-dial design. They have come in handy a few times, I think I measured the inside of a set of brake drums once with them! LOL

nava1uni

I have a set of calipers made by General, read in decimal, metric and inches. They are sturdy and work nicely. I picked them up at Home Depot for about $24.00, nice case, extra battery and screwdriver to use to replace battery.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I have about half a dozen of their "fiber" model ($5 sale some time ago) and 3 of their electronic "better" ones and a couple of the dial.

The dial do not use batteries. They can be locked in position (Fiber ones can't). I use the dial about 90% of the time.

FWIW

I have one of the HF 4" inch/metric digital, and the HF 6" fractional, inch/metric digital. I like and use the fractional a great deal, but the 4" tends to go in my pocket better and more often. As for batteries. Use a good grade of batteries. The dollar store ones don't seem to cut it.

Top Bottom