happy find after a frustrating day

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

The list of things going wrong today just kept growing and growing. Ever had one of those days where you weren't successful at anything? That was my day times two....Until i uncovered a whole stick of 3/4 inch 6061T6 aluminum. Some ex-employee must have stashed it after stupidly cutting it in half, over a year ago. I won't get into the fit I threw when said employee reported that someone had stolen it.

Anyway, since I do not have a wood lathe but I do have a metal lathe and tools guess what my first pen will be made out of? I figure with 2 6 foot lengths I should be able to get some practice and get it right. lets see here 12 feet divided by five inches is....a whole lot :). Now to order the kits. Going for an artist's sketch pencil and a zen. They look straight forward enough in the pictures.

Any reason this would be a bad idea?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Zen is a pretty kit, but for me not a great seller. something about the grip/nib feels odd to some customers, the Electra looks close and has a more comfy front grip/nib section

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
With the appropriate chucking reamer, you can even skip gluing in tubes and get the right press fit with the hole. I do this for re-bar pens with Sierra kits.

MarkD

I just picked up some 3/4 6061 Aluminum rod yesterday. I'm hoping to play with my new metal lathe soon so I'll be interested in seeing your results.

Good Luck and keep us posted.

Top Bottom