Halloween Pens....

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gothycdesigns

A buddy of mine just opened up a store for local artists. He asked me if I wanted to sell any thing he gladly. Put my stuff up. One of the things he suggested was some Halloween type pens. I was thinking of using the Wall Street kit and trying my hand at casting some Orange and black blanks.

I did a search and couldnt find what I remember someone making resin ribbons. I thought I would make some Orange ribbon but unsure of the process. So I didnt see anything when I searched the forum.

Can anyone point me in the right direction. Thanks for the help !!

Thanks,
Ray

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Could save yourself a headache Kallenshaanwoods used to make these

Attachments

• IMG_0413.JPG
    IMG_0413.JPG
    96.8 KB · Views: 190

workinforwood

Dawn has some ghosts in black/orange and light dash of flourecent lime green. You may not see them at exotics but she has a few for sure. They might fit on a sierra, not sure, depend on how wide pen is, as long as pen is wider than image your good to go. They are 100% acrylic.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
What?

What does one do with a Halloween pen?

I hand out bic's to trick-or-treaters rather than candy but on sale at Wally World I got them for 2.9 cents (that's right 29 cents for a package of 10 yesterday) each and the school kids love them. But who wants a pen with a pumpkin on it?

Maybe it's just me, but even when I was going to Halloween Parades and winning first prize being decked out as the proverbial brick out building I wouldn't have found a need for a Halloween pen.

PR_Princess

Smitty, you would be surprised!! I know that we are used to thinking of Halloween as just a time for kids. For them to go do a bit of trick-or-treating. But it has turned into a fun holiday for adults as well.

Keep in mind that the general idea behind Halloween is pretty old (over 2000 years). It has spread over time and is celebrated in many areas of the world. It's actually quite popular!

Last edited:

HSTurning

What does one do with a Halloween pen?

I hand out bic's to trick-or-treaters rather than candy but on sale at Wally World I got them for 2.9 cents (that's right 29 cents for a package of 10 yesterday) each and the school kids love them. But who wants a pen with a pumpkin on it?

Maybe it's just me, but even when I was going to Halloween Parades and winning first prize being decked out as the proverbial brick out building I wouldn't have found a need for a Halloween pen.

Everyone has their own taste. I personally like Halloween over all other holiday's. I did meet my wife on Halloween years ago and we got married on Halloween. The fall is also my favorate season. I would like and use a Halloween pen everyday.
As Dawn said the holiday is more for kids but has become a pretty big holiday for adults over the past 20-30 years.

workinforwood

I think Smitty is uninvited to my Halloween party. People need Halloween pens as much as anything else that is good in life. It's about having a good time, having fun with others, being cooky and making memories. Some of the pens would be great all year too, for the Goth crowd..and although I don't sport tatoo's, some of them Goth girls are smokin hot! Smitty..you watch the door, me and the girls will be in the bedroom testing the pens. :wink: :biggrin:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Halloween

Well, well, well.....first - I do not and never have considered Halloween to be a holiday.

Putting that aside I have probably participated in more Halloween pranks than most...when I was young (about 500 years ago) we actually meant it when we said "trick or treat" only we didn't go "trick or treating" we went "Halloweening" and we did things like soaping windows, tipping out houses and running bicycles up flag poles:laugh:. Once we pushed an old Overland touring car 3 miles, took the rail down pushed the car up onto the porch of the barber shop and put the rail back up:biggrin:. Took folks quite a while to figure out how it got there. Once we took an outhouse loaded it on the back of a pickup truck and left it blocking the door on the porch of Bill Dean's Sweet Shoppe:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:. ..we did worse. We went out every night for a week because we got invited in to every house we visited and chatted with the owners:). We got very little candy but a lot of home made cookies or cupcakes and apples, oranges or other fruits. Nothing got tossed without being used. {Bill Dean was married to my wife's aunt Irma and my MIL was the next owner of the shoppe}

None of us considered it a Holiday it was just a time of the year to have fun. We dressed in costumes but would not have dreamed of buying one. We bought masks sometimes but more often created something - sometimes as simple as a grocery bag with eyeholes cut in it or one of our mom's old stockings:rolleyes:

Today --- it appears to me to have become a complete waste. It celebrates nothing - maybe 1000 years ago it did but now nothing. It is just another day that we've turned in a way to spend money. Like every form of entertainment we've been able to invent - we have over done it.
But then I feel the same way about the Super Bowl - and wouldn't see any use for a superbowl pen either.:cool:

Last edited:
Top Bottom