Half order

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cmccarter

Newest Pen made from what I think is douglas fir. The wood was part of a step of a Sears Honor Buillt home kit. Not real impressive wood but nice.

Second half of order will be a Baron in gun metal made from a piece of porch trim ( again I think fir since the house was built in Wisconsin)

```

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

triw51

A lot of people probably don't know that Sears used to sell homes.
When I was little, we recycled their catalogs in a very small building behind our house.

We had one of thoes in Jerome I dropped a lit road flare down it once boy was there a lot os smoke and what a stench. Got tanned good for that one.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
When I was little, we recycled their catalogs in a very small building behind our house.
While Sears still sold homes when I was born, by the time I was old enough to appreciate the catalog they had stopped. They sold them from 1908 to 1940. They also often financed them for the buyer. My understanding is that the kits included everything (that is everything) but the foundation. I lived in a small rural village that had a freight station and according to some of the local "old" timers, more than one or two of them passed through that station. I don't know for sure that there were any in town though - I do think there were a couple of candidates though including the house right across the street from where I lived for 14 years

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
two or three holer???

Ours was a 2-spot
The house I was born in did not have indoor plumbing and the 1st house where I can remember still had a "back house" but it did have inside plumbing so we rarely used it unless we had to go and inside was occupied.

Top Bottom